Celeste is a lightweight Jekyll theme that features a minimalist, content-first design. It places your content center stage and lets your readers view them in a clutter-free environment without visual distractions. It is based on Poole, the Jekyll butler, by @mdo.
Built on Poole
Poole is the Jekyll Butler, serving as an upstanding and effective foundation for Jekyll themes by @mdo. Poole, and all its derivatives (like Celeste) includes the following:
- Complete Jekyll setup included (layouts, config, 404, RSS feed, posts, and a sample page)
- Mobile friendly design and development
- Easily scalable text and component sizing with
remunits in the CSS
- Support for a wide gamut of HTML elements
- Syntax highlighting, courtesy of rouge
In addition to the features of Poole, Celeste adds the following:
- A design and structure with customizability in mind
- A clean, unobstrusive top navigation bar
- A landing page template for showcasing the most important content on your website
- Optimized for compatibility with most reading tools such as Pocket, Instapaper and Feedly.
- Subtle animations on UI elements that give visual feedback when interacting with the page
- Over 500 scalable vector icons, courtesy of Font Awesome
Check out the README for more details.
Celeste is by preference a forward-thinking project. In addition to the latest versions of Chrome, Safari (mobile and desktop), and Firefox, it is only compatible with Internet Explorer 9 and above.
Celeste is developed on and hosted with GitHub. Head to the GitHub repository for downloads, bug reports, and features requests.